The commercial mix will be Dettmann’s second after Berghain 02, which Chris Hobson called “near flawless” in his glowing RA review. Since then the Berlin-based DJ’s profile has risen steadily as he’s continued to pump out uncompromising techno on Ostgut Ton and his own label, MDR, while at the same time racking up more and more international DJ gigs. Conducted will mark his debut on Music Man Records, a classic Belgian label whose catalogue stretches back to 1989 and includes artists like Jeff Mills and Green Velvet. According to Juno Plus, the release comes with extensive liner notes featuring interviews “conducted by Dettmann himself.” The tracklist shows him staying true to form, with purist techno from all eras (including two from his friend Shed) and a dash or two of raw house from Analogue Cops and Reel By Real.
01. Sandwell District – Immolare (First)
02. Signal – Wismut
03. Roman Lindau – Sub Suggestion
04. Mono Junk – Channel B
05. Reel By Real – Sundog
06. Bluemoon Productions – Night
07. The Analogue Cops – Why You Love Me
08. Vril – V3
09. Milton Bradley – Don’t Phonk
10. Silent Servant – El Mar
11. Morphosis – Too Far
12. Redshape – The Lesson
13. Shed – Hello Bleep!
14. Cheeba Starks presents The Toupe Committee – GoGo Bop (A Trip to the Bodega)
15. O/V/R – Post-Traumatic Son (Ben Klock Wave Mix)
16. FBK – Nanomal
17. Answer Code Request – Escape Myself
18. Shed – 44A (Hard Wax Forever!)
More info here.